Subject: FWD: RE: Assignments for March 23
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:02:59 -0800 (PST)

Apparently Sam can make it.  Shoot her a recipe, or let me know and I'll 
forward it tomorrow night...

ILY, JW

>===== Original Message From "SAM COOK" <[email-masked]> =====
Hey there...I'll be glad to be a part of our gourmet group on Saturday, 
3/23...please send me recipe for whatever I can bring..thanks and please 
include me in directions when ready.  Thanks, y'all.  Looking forward to 
seeing you two.   SAM

----- Original Message -----
From: John Watson
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 8:11 AM
To: Jerilynn & Tom Daugherty; Jerilynn Daugherty; Jennifer Harvey; Jerry 
Granacki; Jim McKinley; Hattie Thurlow McKinley; Sam Cook
Cc: Kimberly Watson
Subject: Assignments for March 23

Ordinary Life Gourmands -

We're ready to meet at Tom & Jerilynn's house for our bimonthly gathering of
the Gourmet Group, Saturday, March 23.  I believe the plan is to meet at 6
p.m., so mark your calendars accordingly.  If that is not correct, I'll let
you know.  Directions will be provided before the event.

Kim has doffed her toque long enough to do research on various recipes a la
Francais, and we submit the following assignments pour du nuit:

=================================================
Jennifer & Jerry -

Bring French bread, plus

Title: Roasted Garlic

Servings: 2
Total Time: 45 min.
Baking Time: 40 min.
Preparation Time: 5 min.
Comments:
This a really simple appetizer to make. If you haven't had roasted garlic
before, you'll be amazed how roasting makes the pungent garlic into a
buttery, mellow spread. I like it best spread on fresh bread with goat
cheese on top. Its also a great butter and mayonnaise substitute for
sandwiches, that's low in calories. (Ignore the 83% fat percentage in the
nutritional information below, its counting all of the olive oil, most of
which slips off) The whole head of garlic has only 24 calories!!

Ingredients:
1 head garlic
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.  Chop top 1/5 of garlic head (from the pointy
tip).  Discard any extra garlic skin, leaving most of it intact.  Place
garlic head in a medium sized piece of aluminum foil.  Pour olive oil on top
of garlic.  Wrap foil around garlic, encompassing the entire head.  Bake in
oven until the garlic is golden brown and the garlic pulp is easily removed
from its individual shell (around 40 minutes).  Remove from oven; let cool.

plus

Baked Pears on Sugared Puff Pastry with Caramel Sauce
http://www.epicurious.com/run/recipe/view?id=10012

=================================================
Jim & Hattie
Haricots Verts a La Vapeur
http://www.epicurious.com/run/recipe/view?id=11972

plus Red Pepper Soup (to be faxed by Kim to 409-938-3710)
plus two bottles of red wine (French, of course)

================================================
Tom & Jerilynn - our hosts for the evening

pate (purchased), cocktail party toast
2 selections of French cheese
crackers
2 bottles of white wine (French)

===============================================

Kim & John
Duck with Orange Sauce
2 bottles of red wine (French)

===============================================

Sam Cook - is not sure whether she can attend, so her assignment is pending.

===============================================

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Bon jour et bon chance!

Kim & John Watson