Subject: RE: FW: FW: Gallup Peak Power Avoidance Data Points
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:46:06 -0700 (PDT)

I certainly agree.  This should be fine.  Let me know.

DS

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Jolly, Rich  
Sent:	Wednesday, October 03, 2001 10:34 AM
To:	Schoolcraft, Darrell
Cc:	Choquette, Gary; Smith, Rick; Roensch, David; Ingalls, Todd; DL-ETS Gas Controllers; Watson, Kimberly; Gallup, Team; Gallup-Sta5, Team; Gallup-Sta4, Team; Ratliff, Dale; Eisenstein, Arnold L.
Subject:	Re: FW: FW: Gallup Peak Power Avoidance Data Points

I would like to set up a conference call for Monday the 8th to discuss this. Let me know if you will be available around 09:30 am CST and I'll set it up. If I have left anyone off the list let me know. 
Thanks
RJ

From:	Darrell Schoolcraft/ENRON@enronXgate on 10/03/2001 06:42 AM CDT
To:	Gary Choquette/ENRON@enronXgate, Rich Jolly/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Rick Smith/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, David Roensch/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Todd Ingalls/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, DL-ETS Gas Controllers@/O=ENRON/OU=NA/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=DL-ETSGASCONTROLLERS@EX@enronXgate
cc:	 

Subject:	FW: FW: Gallup Peak Power Avoidance Data Points

Gary would you please respond to their question as it is our concern as well.

ds

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Gallup, Team  
Sent:	Tuesday, October 02, 2001 4:26 PM
To:	Jolly, Rich; Smith, Rick; Roensch, David; Ingalls, Todd; Schoolcraft, Darrell
Subject:	Re: FW: Gallup Peak Power Avoidance Data Points

Rich / Rick,

Operations & the Gas Controllers didn't know about this till yesterday, when alarms started to appear in Houston.
I'm not sure what is expected from operations. In the last paragraph of Gary's letter, he indicates shutting down
for 30 minutes, 7 times a month. Is that what he is saying? Let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
Korey

 << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> 
"Sayegh, Angela" <[email-masked]> on 10/02/2001 02:37:07 PM
To:	"DL-ETS Gas Controllers" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Ingalls, Todd" <[email-masked]>, "Jolly, Rich" <[email-masked]>, "Choquette, Gary" <[email-masked]>, "Littel, Steve" <[email-masked]>, "Ratliff, Dale" <[email-masked]>, "Smith, Mike J" <[email-masked]>, "Thompson, Rodney" <[email-masked]>, "Basha, Clifford" <[email-masked]>, "Hagen, Bob" <[email-masked]>, "Margoliner, George" <[email-masked]>, "Marshall, George" <[email-masked]>, "Poole, Kenneth" <[email-masked]>, "Rodriguez, Ruben" <[email-masked]>, "Taft, Chris" <[email-masked]>, "White, Roderick" <[email-masked]>
cc:	 

Subject:	FW: Gallup Peak Power Avoidance Data Points

We have added some point to the Scada database that are provided to us
by Gary Choquette's Peak Power Predictor.  His message below describes
their function better than I would.

I've listed the points below with their descriptions, alarm value(s) and
comment.

Although these points are listed with the other Analog/Discrete points,
they are not coming from the field RTU.  They will act like normal
points so it's easy to put them together.  For those using the intranet
"Adhoc" reports, they will show up on that.  The key is that the
Discretes that we receive from Gary all end in ".CC" and the Analogs end
in ".SC".  We also try to include the (CLC) in the description to depict
that the information is coming from the Closed Loop Control Systems.

Register	Description				Alarm Value
Gary's Comments

GALP.1901.CC	Tri-State Data Old - site Unavail (CLC)	0 = Normal, 1 =
Alarm 		(can not retrieve data from Tri-States site)
GALP.1902.CC	Tri-State Calc Off-Line / Data Error (CLC) 	0 =
Normal, 1 = Alarm 		(utility is off-line or error in the
data)
GALP.1903.CC 	Tri-State Power Peak In Progress (CLC)	0 = Normal, 1 =
Peak 		(a power peak is currently in progress)

GALP.7901.SC	Probability % Today is Peak (CLC)     HI = 95  HIHI = 96
A number between 0 and 100 indicating that today is likely to be a power
peak day.
GALP.7902.SC  Probability % Now is Peak (CLC)       HI = 95  HIHI = 96
A number between 0 and 100 indicating that a power peak is active now.
GALP.7903.SC	Peak Time (hour.min) (CLC)

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks,

Angela Sayegh
713-853-5021

>  -----Original Message-----
> From: 	Choquette, Gary
> Sent:	Thursday, September 27, 2001 12:30 PM
> To:	Schoolcraft, Darrell; Sayegh, Angela
> Cc:	Ratliff, Dale; Littel, Steve; Jolly, Rich; Asante, Ben; Talcott,
> Jim; Kouri, Kim; Knippa, Mark; Centilli, James
> Subject:	Gallup Peak Power Avoidance
>
> I've a working prototype of a peak power predictor for Gallup.  This
> utility downloads actual power load conditions from an FTP site.  It
> also downloads predicted temperatures for Albuquerque, Denver, Fort
> Collins, and Colorado Springs.  Using a combination of neural nets and
> rolling average time bins, I am able to estimate the peak Tri-State
> demand for the day and hourly profiles for their load.  This utility
> will upload to Gas Control using the following registers:
>
>
> Note, the 'Probability Today is Peak' can possibly be used to reduce
> interruptible volumes at nomination time (if there is a high
> probability that today is a peak)
>
> Currently the peak is integrated over a 30 minute period.  This means
> that the unit must be completely shut-off for at least 30 minutes in
> order to completely avoid a power peak.  Because we may hit multiple
> new peaks during the month, I estimate we will have around 7 indicated
> peaks per month.
>
>
> Gary Choquette
>