Subject: Ft. Pierce Gas Capacity Assumptions
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 08:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

The following basic assumptions concerning gas capacity requirements for the 
Fort Pierce project were confirmed today at a meeting attended by Dave 
Fairley, Ed McMichael, Ruth Concannon, Mark Breese, Eric Boyt, and Charlie 
Weldon.   (NOTE:  The heat rates and MW are subject to change pending final 
engineering evaluation.  The intent of this note is to document the overall 
runtime assumptions.)

1) During the summertime months of May through September, the plant is 
expected to run 16 hours per day in a mode where  Enron's 200 MW are 
dispatched as are Ft. Pierce's 82MW.

2)  Enron will purchase summertime capacity only sufficient to allow running 
200 MW for 16 hours per day at our "bought-down" heat rate of 6690.  This 
equals 22,300 MMBTU/day and will allow for taking the full daily capacity in 
only a 16 hour period (6% per hour)  The table below summarizes the monthly 
capacity requirements:

   MONTH	Total Capacity Needed By Enron	Ft. Pierce Capacity (from FGU)	Phase VI Capacity 	
Capacity From East Desk
May	22,300	0	22,300	0
June	22,300	0	22,300	0
July	22,300	0	22,300	0
August	22,300	0	22,300	0
September	22,300	0	22,300	0

  NTOE:  Prior to Phase VI completion, the project will purchase capacity 
from the East Desk.

3)  Ft. Pierce will use its existing FT via FGU to secure its gas 
requirements at the 9500 contractual heat rate for the 16 hours it is 
dispatched in the summer.

4)  For the winter months of October through April, the plant is expected to 
run 16 hours per day in a mode where Ft. Pierce is not dispatched, thus 
leaving Enron with 282MW at the overall plant heat rate of 7500.  This 
equates to 35,251 MMBTU/day and allows for taking the full capacity in only 
16 hours (6% per hour)

5)  Because Ft. Pierce will not be dispatched during the winter, their unused 
capacity via FGU will be available for Enron.  These amounts differ by month 
as summarized in the table below.

6) Enron will purchase wintertime capacity only sufficient to allow running 
282 MW for 16 hours per day at a 7500 heat rate, less the monthly capacities 
available from Ft. Pierce via FGU.  These non-FGU purchased quantities will 
come from the Phase VI capacity and the East Desk as shown below:

 
   MONTH	Total Capacity Needed By Enron	Ft. Pierce Capacity (from FGU)	Phase VI Capacity 
(Nov-Mar = 28% of Summer)	Capacity From East Desk
October	35,251	14,665	22,300	0
November	35,251	14,595	6,244	14,412
December	35,251	14,895	6,244	14,112
January	35,251	16,547	6,244	12,460
February	35,251	15,317	6,244	13,690
March	35,251	15,317	6,244	13,690
April	35,251	15,317	22,300	0

NOTE:  Prior to Phase VI completion , the project will purchase capacity from 
the East Desk.

7)  Backup documentation supporting the hourly gas requirement in each 
dispatch mode is attached to this memo.