Subject: Re: Fuel Specification Requirements
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 06:56:00 -0700 (PDT)

Charles,

 Attached below is the fuel oil specification.  Our Engineering group has 
reviewed all Vendor and Air Permit requirements, and the sheet labeled "Fuel 
Oil Spec" is the fuel oil specification.  The sheet labeled "Comparison 
Specs" is the other data you requested for comparison.  When using the fuel 
oil specification to purchase fuel, please have the vendors provide the 
following information:

Density at reference temperature
Heating Values at reference temperature
Maximum trace contaminant limits:
 chromium
 arsenic
 siloxenes
 copper corrosivity
 cetane index
 cetane number

Thank you,

Matt

---------------------- Forwarded by Matthew Tezyk/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT on 
05/09/2001 10:10 AM ---------------------------

Ray McPhail
05/09/2001 09:37 AM
To: Matthew Tezyk/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@Enron_Development
cc: James Craig/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Frank 
Hosak/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENt, Bill 
Fox/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Douglas 
Ottens/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT 
Subject: Re: Fuel Specification Requirements  

Matt-

I talked with Bill Fox and Doug Ottens concerning the fuel spec.  In order 
for MHI to meet the particulate emissions, we must provide a fuel oil with no 
ash.  Additionally, vanadium is a catalyst poison, so to meet the CMI needs, 
I reduced the vanadium.

I am attaching a revised fuel oil spec matrix, which has four fuel specs 
included.  The first column meets the minimum requirements of MHI & CMI.  The 
second column holds the ash at the low value, but allows the vanadium to 
increase.  The third column holds the low vanadium value, but allows the ash 
to increase.  The last column allow both the ash and vanadium to increase.

ENA will need to get bids for column 1 and may want to solicit bids for 
column 2, 3, & 4 for economic comparison purposes.

Ray