Subject: Re: Recommended Offer by ICE for IPE Holdings
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 19:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

My view is that we should go ahead and accept the ICE offer.  Please proceed 
with
the acceptance offer unless someone has a strong objection in which case let's
discuss on Tuesday.

John

From: Justin Boyd/Enron@EUEnronXGate on 24/05/2001 09:57
To: Greg Whalley/HOU/ECT@ECT, John Sherriff/LON/ECT@ECT, Michael 
Brown/Enron@EUEnronXGate, Greg Piper/ENRON@enronXgate, Andy 
Zipper/ENRON@enronXgate
cc:  

Subject: Recommended Offer by ICE for IPE Holdings

This is to point out to you the approaching deadline for accepting ICE's 
Offer for IPE Holdings.  If we wish to accept this Offer, we must do so no 
later than 3 pm on Tuesday 29 May.

In the meantime, Michael has received calls from Richard Ward (IPE's CEO) 
inquiring as to our position, and it would be my view that we should accept 
the Offer. (Note that if ICE receives acceptances of 90% or more, then our 
shares in IPE Holdings will in any event be mandatorily acquired.  And 
assuming that such level of acceptances will be received, there is no reason 
for not accepting the Offer).

Please would you let me know whether you wish to accept the Offer.  Ideally, 
if we are to do so, I would plan to send the acceptance by close of business 
on Friday 25 May.

Thanks
Justin