Subject: Re: Fwd: Military Courtesy Change
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 04:03:00 -0800 (PST)

Please see comments in red below.   Thanks for sending this to us.  I almost 
forgot how much fun it is to debate with you....even if I am irrational, 
though I think you are this time!

DW

To: Phillip M Love/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dawn C Kenne/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  

Subject: Re: Fwd: Military Courtesy Change  

OK,

A. Why did they not respect him for all 8 years? When Clinton came into 
office, he didn't have that
much negative publicity. GW has had as much for his DWI, cocaine use, getting 
into Nat Guard through
father's connections, etc
Clinton had plenty of negative attention when he came on board, remember the 
affairs (yes, plural), not inhaling, dodging the draft, etc.
I know I am not exaggerating on that.....  We can all thank Clinton for any 
overdone media coverage on future presidents. 

B. Why is GW deserving of so much military respect? He has not exactly been a 
paragon of clean living. 
Also, he got into the "champagne unit" of the National Guard ahead of 
hundreds of other more qualified
people, according to time on the wait list, and extrance exams. 
GW is trying to set a new "tone" in DC, which, I for one, respect.  Something 
had to be done after the negative Clinton years.  Yes, he may have done some 
good for the country, but he did not do anything to earn the respect he may 
have gotten, which I hope was little.
And, please....atleast he wasn't taking pictures for journalism papers...he 
was flying planes which takes a little more intelligance!