Subject: Plant Incident
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 07:47:00 -0700 (PDT)

Clay,

Per our call, I am giving below a brief account of what happened at site 
yesterday:

At 02:33 hours on 9th April 2001, a failure occurred while both the 32 inch 
lines were under pneumatic testing.
The pressure at the time was 23.8 BARg; ultimate test pressure planned was 
25.2 BARg.
The event appears to have occurred between bent 4 and bent 1 (at the seaward 
end of the jetty).
No personnel were at risk; the planning and safety procedures were being 
observed.
A total of thirty personnel were on duty, involved in the test at the time of 
occurrence and well away from the point of failure; an exclusion zone of 850 
metres was in effect as planned.

Initial Assessment:
Extensive impact bents 4 to 1; all pipework supports and plinths in this area 
are a loss. 
No visual evidence of impact  to unloading arms, or control building at the 
jetty head.
No immediate evidence of impact on jetty superstructure.
Internal inspection of pipelines from point of failure to shore is underway.

Actions taken:
Response team assigned.
Insurance assessors notified and due to reach site today.
Design and certain vendor assessments initiated.
Assessment of jetty structure initiated; detailed check of all facilities 
beyond the jetty to be conducted.

Most of the above is based on what Lingtec (the LNG Construction Contractor) 
has reported to DPC.  Please appreciate that these reports are preliminary.  
Lingtec is expected to make a detailed update during this week.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to call me.

Best regards,
Shubh

Office  91-22-653 4011  Ext. 128
Home  91-22-605 7705
Cellphone 91-98210 96594