Subject: LNG/C"HOEGH GALLEON" - BOILER LEAKAGE
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 08:00:05 -0700 (PDT)

Dan,

Please be advised that the vessel is reporting steamleakage on port boiler this
morning, indicated by loss of water.   Port boiler was closed down for to be
cooled for entering and investigation.

Just received a msg from the vessel that it looks like a crack in one of the
tubes in the waterwall and this will be closer investigated as soon as the
boiler is cooled further down.

If so, the crack can be welded during the night/morning (24th). The vessel is
arriving Algeciras on the 26th 2300 for taking boiler water, stores, spares and
change of crew.

The Capt. is reporting that the deviation will be abt 12 hrs as the vessel have
to anchor for taking boiler water, but he will do his outmost to minimizing the
deviation time.

The vessel is now steaming with one boiler in service and doing abt 12 knots.

Reverting as soon as any news re boiler leakage is received from the vessel.

Eta Lake Charles 8/6-01 0600 can still be kept.

Best regards

Kjell
Hoegh LNG