Subject: RE: "H?EGH GALLEON" - DELAY AT ALGECIRAS, SPAIN.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:42:22 -0700 (PDT)

Kjell-
Thank you for the prompt response on my request for a report on this incident.  Please be advised that this delay could pose a problem at the discharge port as there may be another ship waiting to get in on that date.  The ship scheduled before us (the "Bachir Chihani") has slipped to an ETA of June 9 as well, so if that ship arrives before the "Hoegh Galleon", we may face delays in getting to the berth.  This could impact our ability to heel out the cargo, which means the economic impact to this delay could be more than just the lost day on the ship.  My current calculation for incentive to heel out the cargo is nearly $140,000.  I have asked CMS about the possibility of bringing the ship in on June 8 after the normal time usually allowed to start inbound (approximately 14:00 to 15:00lt).  I will let you know as soon as I receive a response.  In the meantime, please provide an ETA to Lake Charles using what you consider to be the maximum speed possible for the remainder of the trip.

It is very disappointing that so much effort would be put into flying a pump from the US to Europe and then so little effort put into trucking the same pump to it's final destination within Europe.  It seems that the least costly part of the trip has ended up costing a day of utilization on the vessel and could have an additional $140,000 impact.

Regards,
Dan Masters
 -----Original Message-----
From: 	"Leif Hoegh & Co. ASA - Kvammen, Kjell G." <[email-masked]>@ENRON [mailto:IMCEANOTES-+22Leif+20Hoegh+20+26+20Co+2E+20ASA+20-[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Tuesday, May 29, 2001 7:44 AM
To:	Masters, Dan
Subject:	Fw: "H?EGH GALLEON" - DELAY AT ALGECIRAS, SPAIN.

Dan,

Good morning,

Ref our conversation yesterday, 28th, re a brief report regarding our delay in
Algeciras.   Please find enclosed what we have received from our technical dept.
-----
Subject: "H?EGH GALLEON" - DELAY AT ALGECIRAS, SPAIN.

A brief recap of the feed water pump event:

- On 2001-05-22 the vessel reported that one Weir type main feed water pump was
  malfunctioning. Order for spares was received late same afternoon.
- On 2001-05-23 supplier of Weir pump parts confirmed only partial delivery as
  main parts were not in stock at factory in Scotland. Alternative pump
  delivery, Coffin type, was investigated through Dutch supplier Marship
  Engineering. Availability at factory in USA was confirmed and an order was
  placed accordingly as per owners instructions.
- On 2001-05-25 at 1900 hrs the new Coffin pump arrived in Paris on flt no.
  FX5060 from New York and was immediately loaded on to an exclusive truck for
  transport to Algeciras, arranged by Marship Engineering in Rotterdam. Arrival
  time in Algeciras scheduled for 2001-05-27 0900 hrs.
- On 2001-05-27 at 0715 hrs the vessel dropped anchor off Algeciras for
  scheduled crew change, embarking and disembarking service engineers and
  stores/provision/fresh water supplies.
  At abt 0730 hrs the vessel's Master called and informed that the pump delivery
  was delayed. Marship Engineering was immediately contacted and at abt noon
  time they informed that due to strict drive -/rest restrictions for truck
  drivers the transport was heavily delayed. It was revealed that the transport
  company had supplied only one driver for the transport. All kinds of remedial
  action and alternatives were evaluated and the transport company put under
  heavy scrutiny for corrective action.
  Owners decided the vessel should wait for the pump to arrive.
- On 2001-05-28 at abt 1930 hrs the pump arrived in Algeciras where it was
  custom cleared and transported to "H?egh Galleon".
  At 2200 hrs the vessel lifted anchor and sailed for Lake Charles.

brgds/NBR
++

Best regards

Kjell
Hoegh LNG