Subject: LNG/C "HOEGH GALLEON" - MAINTENACE STOP IN ALGECIRAS
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:42:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dan,

Have just been in a meeting with our technical people regarding the sticky steam
maneuvre control valve, those steamleakages in the boiler and cleaning the flame
arrestores in gas supply line.

We are sorry to say that the vessel need abt 48 hrs to carry out the necessary
work on the steam plant in order to minimize the steam leakage and having
service on the steam maneuvre control valve.    As you know, we need some hrs to
cool down the boilers/steam valve/pipes before it is possible  to open and to
work with, after both boilers are been shut down.
To cooldown the steam plant take abt 10-12 hrs and to bring the plant into
service again can take abt 6 hrs, so that means that we need 48 hrs, as
mentioned above, to get our maintenace plan carried out.

According to the obervations done, last on the stopp last night, were the valve
operated without any problems, we believe that the valve can be fixed without
totaly dismantling. On the other hand,if the valve has to be completely
dismanteled, the work can take more than the expected 2 days. We believe that
the chance of this situation is slim.

Our schedule are:
Eta Algeciras 30/4 0500
Etd Algeciras  2/5 0900
Eta Port Said  6/5 1830
Etd Suez       7/5 1700
Eta Qalhat    13/5 0900
Etd Qalhat    14/5 2400

Kindly advice if this can be worked out.

Best regards

Kjell
Hoegh LNG