The Zoo, on the third floor of Watson Hall, is a place for
computer science students to work and collaborate.
The zoo houses 38 computers,
each named after a different animal. There's also a fridge and espresso machine on the second
floor to fill your noshing needs.
The Zoo facilities are maintained by ITS. If you have issues using the Zoo you can
to submit a support ticket.
If you are requesting installation of new software you should first
discuss it with a faculty member and they can submit a ticket on your behalf.
Check the diagram below to see which
computers are currently available.
- ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open a shell for trb46 on frog
- ssh email@example.com
- Open a shell on an arbitrary zoo node
(might lead to an offline node if there are any)
- lpr filename
- Print the given plain text file on zoo1
- lpr -P zoo2 -K n filename
- Print n copies of the given file on zoo2
- finger trb46
- Get info about the user trb46
- getent passwd trb46
- Compressed form of finger
- Find out who's on your machine
- write trb46 pts/4
- Send a message to trb46 on tty pts/4
Last updated: 2023-01-28 20:00:34.837082